Friday, October 26, 2007

Snooze Series

Maybe it's just me... being a Yankees fan and all that. However I can't seem to fight the overwhelming bouts of narcolepsy that have fallen on me during these World Series. Sorry, but I just don't feel that championship rush that should be there. It felt like I was watching a game during July before the All-Star break.

First off... has anyone noticed that the crowds at Fenway are unusally quiet... especially now for the home stretch? Not for nothing... but I have felt more excitement during a regular season Yankees/Sox game. The Rox seemed to be completely over their head in these series, and have not been able to combat the Sox formidable defense. Last night Schilling opened the game well (it wasn't exactly pretty, but he got the job done), and Papelbaum closed it out with a 99/mph fastball. Rox offense just layed their like possums acting like roadkill.

Another thing is... how is it possible... I mean how... to play a 2-1 game for almost 4 hours? If people are getting striked out like that, it should be boom, boom, boom game over. Strange.

Were there that many commericals?

No comments: