Friday, November 2, 2007

Crazy Busy Postseason

I have not posted in the past couple of days because I am trying to digest all the stuff that is flying around MLB. This has got to be one of the craziest post-seasons/free agency frenzy that has been seen... ever.

Girardi has been crowned, and all the hoopla that goes with it was shown all afternoon on the YES channel that day. Yes, I think that he will do a good job managing... I don't know about great. There are certain issues that we will have to see how they play out, such as management of the media and commanding the respect of the team the same way Torre did. I think Mattingly would have been the stronger choice in terms of player's respect. Anyway, it's done and done.

Also, now we know Abreu has been picked up on his option, and that's a good thing. He was inconsistent in the beginning of the '07 season, but he got his thing going strong after June. And when he's good, he's great.

So now we sit and wait on Mo, Jorgie and Andy and see whether what's left of the Dynasty Team will go. I''m not even going there with Rodriguez. That's a whole other nasty can of worms.

No comments: