Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Today is National Boss's Day

Being that at the moment I am sans travaille' (without a job)... National Boss's Day does not have the same meaningful impact as it would otherwise. A
A fun website for bad bosses is http://www.workingamerica.org/badboss/
However, many of you do have bosses that you want to celebrate (or eulogize) in some way. Here are some good bosses, in my opinion:
  • Lou Grant, the Mary Tyler Moore Show
  • Mr. Peterman, Elaine's boss on Seinfeld
  • George Bailey in It's a Wonderful Life
  • Joe Torre
  • Oprah
  • Flower on Meerkat Manor

Of course, bad bosses outnumber by the dozens... my favorites:

  • George W. Bush (at the head of the list)
  • Tony Soprano
  • Mr. Burns
  • George Steinbrenner
  • George Steinbrenner
  • George Steinbrenner

Please feel free to post your favorite... either way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Yankee Doodle Squirrel. Love your blog! I did indeed look at the working America link for the worst bosses and was suprised NOT to find my boss's puss on that page-probably to not frighten any small children that may happen to chance on it.
She's a piece of work. Was out sick yesterday (mentally ill) and not one word if I was feeling better! God forbid I'm hit by a bus or taxi, she would be more concerned about the traffic snarl up than my welfare.
Okay, one more complaint...okay 2 more! I asked her a question about the whereabouts of a professor, I had a package she was urgently waiting for (I work for blasted academia-big heads!)and her reply to me was, "you don't need to concern yourself about him/her" !!!!!!! W T F!
While I have to account for nearly every moment I am away from my desk (or risk being accused of 'disappearing'), she leave a note on my chair 'Am running late-see you tomorrow' at 3:15 in the afternoon-? It annoys me to no end that she elects to not inform me if she's left for a business purpose or to go get her hair done or get her car oil changed, she tells me she's off with no notice at all-what do I tell people who are looking for her??

thanks for letting me vent Squirrel-keep up the good work and will send a few nuts your way